Time: 30 hours
Supporting Wellbeing provides tools and resources to prepare people who deliver on the land programming to mitigate and respond to mental health challenges while on the land using a trauma-informed approach.
This training is designed for Northern people who have some level of experience in planning and delivering on the land programs, but who have little-to-no formal mental health training. Learners will be introduced to several topics to consider when planning and delivering trauma-informed on the land programs, including intergenerational trauma, suicide intervention, conflict resolution, and participant aftercare.
The training has countless benefits for participants and communities:
- More access to culturally relevant, trauma-informed on the land training programs in the North
- Enhanced wellbeing of Northern residents
- Revitalization of connection to Indigenous culture
- Increased capacity of community members to support own and others mental wellbeing
- Decreased stigma of the use of mental health supports